Wednesday 6 November 2013

Bill Wyman at Swansea Grand Theatre

Bill Wyman and The Rhythm Kings performed at Swansea Grand Theatre at the end of 2009. I was really delighted to have been given permission to capture their performance from the auditorium and backstage. It was a great experience to watch a truly rocking performance and the packed house came alive with their fantastic music.

I wanted to capture them "performing" rather than in a set pose and chose oils to do this.
You can see one of my paintings below of the group and a portrait of Bill Wyman on my Theatre page.
To my delight Bill loved the paintings so much he and his band member Terry Taylor have now 2 of the paintings in their own collection and Bill has featured me in his blog on his official website. See link below under Sept 3-6 2010
http://www.billwyman.com/site/blog/628

The musicians in my painting of The Rhythm Kings are, from left to right, Terry Taylor on guitar, Frank Meade on clarinet and Nick Payne on saxophone.
Picture
The Rhythm Kings

post from 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment