Tuesday 25 February 2014

Love at First Sight, Marian Walter and Iana Salenko

Love at First Sight


Marian Walter and Iana Salenko in Romeo and Juliet, watercolour

Marian Walter and Iana Salenko of Berlin State Ballet, Staatsballett Berlin . In a gala rehearsal for Romeo and Juliet. Watercolor with Washi Paper. I wanted to capture the intimacy of first moment they met. 
Title Love At First Sight, Romeo and Juliet

I also used washi paper for her dress to not only capture the fine material but to also symbolise their relationship and its delicacy.

Quotes that also helped inspired me together with their beautiful dancing.

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.” 
― William ShakespeareRomeo and Juliet

“Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, 
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.” 
― William ShakespeareRomeo and Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment