Tuesday 29 July 2014

At The Mariinsky's Romeo and Juliet Rehearsal with Xander Parish and Viktoria Tereshkina at The Royal Opera House

I was very privileged to be allowed into the Mariinsky Rehearsal at The Royal Opera House for Romeo and Juliet with Xander Parish and Viktoria Tereshkina. Huge thanks to Xander Parish for organising it so that I may paint him in the role. It is a spellbinding performance. Tender, moving and heartbreakingly romantic. There won't be a dry eye in the House tonight. Xander is the first and only British dancer in The Mariinsky, an enormous and well deserved achievement and I am really looking forward to painting and drawing him. 


Going to Stage Door at The Royal Opera House to collect my pass into the Mariinsky Rehearsal



My official pass

Beginning to sketch the rehearsal

My first selfie!! in the auditorium of The Royal Opera House

Raven Girl Ballet Costumes in the foyer. Really Beautiful

couldn't resist this fan. It was so pretty.


Great portrait of Simon Weston at The National Portrait Gallery

BP Portrait Award Exhibition. One of the best in recent years. 
Not sure I liked it but the technique was really amazing. Very striking indeed.


The lace on the skirt for this was beautiful even though you can't really see it here.

Some dainty choux buns from Paul's,  I thought they would make it back in the heat!






Some more interesting links about Xander Parish



 Official photos from Romeo and Juliet, The Mariinsky with Xander Parish and Viktoria Tereshkina













No comments:

Post a Comment