Sunday 3 May 2015

Harmony in White, Ballerina Painting by Zoe James-Williams

New painting of a ballerina called Harmony in White. Recently on Twitter The National Gallery started a tag #PaintedDancers to ask followers what dance paintings were their favourite or were there any dance artists out there! Well it would have been rude not to partake in a conversation about #PaintedDancers. This and an Iana Salenko painting were added by me and it was lovely to get such a great response. 
My twitter account is @zoeartist
This was painted using mixed media including pastels. Unfortunately this is on nutmeg #MuranoPastel paper which #DalerRowney discontinued. I had to buy my local art shop Harrisons Stationers in the Uplands what was left of their supply. It's dwindling fast but I was pleased with the way this came out especially the skirt as I 've never painted one this big before!!


No comments:

Post a Comment