Tuesday 10 December 2013

Greta Scacchi and An Inspector Calls

Picture
Its been an exciting week with two great productions coming to the Grand
Greta Scacchi and Anita Dobson starred in Bette and Joan, an hilarious backstage story of the making of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? With Greta Scacchi playing Bette Davis and Anita Dobson playing Joan Crawford.
I am a huge fan of both actresses and Greta Scacchi very kindly allowed my to capture her before going on stage. Greta has got Bette Davis's voice and mannerisms to a tee and it was amazing to see her transformation. I have to admit I am not usually nervous before meeting people but I was before meeting Greta having seen her in such iconic films like White Mischief but she is not only very beautiful (as expected!) but also extremely charming and friendly and totally put me at me ease. It was however a little disconcerting to see Greta later in full Baby Jane costume in her dressing room as I have always found the film very scary!!
A BIG thrill for me and I can't wait to paint her final portrait.
Further tour dates are on the link below
http://www.bettejoantheshow.co.uk/
Next in was The National Theatre touring show of An Inspector Calls.
First I have to comment on the amazing set with cobblestones leading up to an elevated house that opens up half way through and at the end....... well I won't spoil it for you but if you haven't seen it yet cover your ears...

Again the cast were very friendly and helpful and it was fantastic to sit in the wings and draw. A very atmospheric play that really keeps you on the edge of your seat with a cracking cast.

For all other tour dates click the link below.
http://www.aninspectorcalls.com/

Also should say Summer Term has started and we are looking at portraiture so watch this space!!

Picture
post from 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment