Thursday 31 October 2013

Children of Eden and a Ghostly Tale......

Going to the dress rehearsal not sure what to expect from Children of Eden. Not familiar with the production it s a revelation. Composed by the same man who did Wicked it is full of toe tapping gutsy music that carries you along with the story or Adam and Eve to Noah's Ark. Swansea Amateurs gave, as always a thoroughly professional performance with some great star turns by the leads. The children involved, picked from the local theatre groups such as Wiseman Stage school where super talented and enriched an already great production!! I was drawing away in the auditorium catching the action, wondering how I had never come across this before. Going back stage the cast, anxious to iron out all the niggles before opening night where a delight as always, happy to pose and point out anything that may be of interest.

While i was waiting for it to start, talking to Brian, he told me of the Grand Theatre ghost. I have never heard of this before so begged him to tell me more. Apparently the ghost was a young dresser who had died on the Lusitania. Brian said had felt her presence and see chairs in the theatre auditorium move as she walked past!!! There is always apparently, a smell of violets when she is roaming and a "cold" seat on the top circle where I presume she likes to sit. I , needless to say did not go and check it out. I will keep you posted if I see any sightings.......



Original post 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment